Friday, July 12, 2013

Nothing, and I repeat nothing in life is more tough than making a decision! And by that I do not mean choosing one dish over the other from a menu card or deciding whether the pink dress looks better than the green (though I have severe problems in that area as well!!). No matter how much you plan,chalk out your life and course of action, life always finds a way of getting back at you by putting you at crossroads. The worst part? When both the options in front of you have advantages you can't ignore. Here I am, seemingly happy and comfortable at home, pursuing a course that is not so demanding . On the other hand, there is this opportunity that is going to be extremely hectic,challenging,at times frustrating but has better prospects (so it seems!). The biggest challenge in this case is that I have to step out of the comfort of my home, stay in an unknown place with unknown people and try to find a direction. Every motivational writer, be it Robin Sharma or Paulo Coelho tells you to "follow your dream"!!!! Now is there anything more vague than that? What if I don't know as yet what my dream is? What is it is not one sure and certain goal? Coupled with this is the parental angle which ranges from, "why don't you do a Ph.D?" (like it depends on my will!!) to "How about MBA?" (or CA,IAS,UPSC etc etc). All I know is that I love to write, read anything and everything and to a certain extent, teach. None of these are clear,concrete career paths and hence involve a lot of struggle! Staying at home,I am too comfortable..I don't take any risks. I don't really have to prove my worth here, everything is tailored according to my needs. This opportunity may not turn out to be great, it may well be a disappointment, but I will at least have tried. In all probability this decision will not be a fantastic solution to all my doubts and uncertainties; but I hope it will make me fight, learn by trial and error and give me some peace. This is my decision today, maybe I will regret it want to change it tomorrow - but  if not now,then when?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post.

My name is Lottie and I am emailing from an independent film company in the UK called Firecracker Films.We have recently been commissioned by MTV to make a ground - breaking documentary that will explore young peoples’ experiences across the world with regards to sex and relationships. We currently have people from all across the world voicing their opinions however we are yet to have anyone to represent India and their views on sex, safe sex and relationships.

We are looking for people aged 16-25 if you know of any other bloggers or anyone who you think would might like to get involved, or if you would be interested, I would really appreciate you're help, as I can see you have strong views on this yourself.

Thanks so much for you're time.

Please don't hesitate to contact me on lottie.hunt@firecrackerfilms.com