Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well Ankur Gattani,an iim graduate,an entrepreneur is a gtalk friend. Well when he changed his status to - "Getting Political, Working with BJP! Wanna Join?". I thought I have a companion to debate ,as me a Congess supporter. Soon, i realized our ideologies may be different but we both want our nation to go miles...


me : hey ankur, r u kinda free i just wanted to ask you some questions?

ankur.gattani: ask.

will respond a lil slowly though

ok?

9:01 PM me: yaa ok

well wanted to ask about your political purpose

is it personal or it means business

9:02 PM ankur.gattani: personal

me: ok so are you secular by nature..

ankur.gattani: am an atheist actually

me: nd i m really sorry if i m bothering u like stupid journos

ankur.gattani: but yeah, adequately secular

9:03 PM me: yaah so bjp doesnt believe in secularity nd you are kool with it

9:04 PM ankur.gattani: well. you wanna debate this right now?

me: if u have time

9:05 PM ankur.gattani: see, quickly speaking, the original thought of 'hindu nation' as professed by bjp and other saffron groups

is more of a cultural nationalism

than religious one

yes, there's division

yes, there's hatred in different layers of society

and no one did anything to build the bridge

9:06 PM congress ensured that muslims were treated differently..

so the vote bank lasted

me: well bjp rather nda includes ram sena...

which boosts of hindu culture

ankur.gattani: get yoru facts bro

ram sena fielded 83 candidates against bjp in last elections

me: well the facts are correct..i think

yaa if bjp had any chances of coming into power

me: it wouldnt be without help of ram sena

ankur.gattani: it's a bunch of disgruntled ex bjp guys

me :nd the gujrat riots

by our own narendra modi

to gain the vote bank of hindus

was so fair

me: well yeh i read the hot shots of corporate industry want modi as the p.m

ankur.gattani: this is not about that

anyway

no one around is perfect

9:19 PM no party's full of angels

bjp, when in center.. had behaved fairly responsibly

me: yaah india wud rather grow at 10 but with the expense of blood bath

ankur.gattani: and gujrat.. in 7 years.. hasn't had any further bloodbath

9:20 PM me: further nice term buddy

ankur.gattani: and that matter itself is in the courts

those guilty shall be taken care of.

me: u murder once...nd u dnt murder for the next 7 years so all your guilt is now white washed

yaah rite

nd the babri masjid

9:21 PM ankur.gattani: every saint has a past.. and every sinner a future.

if you look at the mass mobilized during babri masjid issue

and the way mulayam singh had opened fire on the people

9:22 PM I'm not proud of the whole thing, but I don't feel apologetic about it.

being hindu

and having religious sentiments is not a crime

me: well 1 doesnt need to be proud of doings nd at the same time be sorry

9:23 PM its the loss of country men...

jab khud be bithti hai tab pata chalta hai

ankur.gattani: well. perhaps.

me: chalo i dnt say anything about bjp

9:24 PM just wanted to ask you why not congress

i dnt see anything wrong done by it in the last 5 years

except attacking pak

ankur.gattani: no wrong.. isn't all right

me: nd kiilling lakhs of innocent people

9:25 PM ankur.gattani: who killed lakhs of ppl?

me: india growin at 9 a record isnt right

no 1 did

i mean the whole of anti congress wants it to attack pak

nd destroy it

9:26 PM farmers gettin loan waiver

indo nuclear deal

mid day meal scheme

ankur.gattani: dude, it would be naive to believe that anyone wanted to attack pak

politically, diplomatically it's an unwise thing to do

any responsible person. wouldn't do it

and do you realize what loan waivers mean...?

me: well the opposition wants to react right

ankur.gattani: all those farmers.. who tried hard..and paid off their loans

9:28 PM felt stupid for having done so

coz the others.. got away without paying

me: i mean wants the party in powert to react nd do smething

ankur.gattani: so now imagine the state of further loans

that'll be given to these farmers

nwo that there's a precedent of waivers

make a whole community of workers lazy, and dependent on you.. so tehy keep getting you back to power

me: well hehe...

9:29 PM lazy rather getting sucided

farmers lazy they never are

ankur.gattani: yeah

why not.

me: being generous doesnt mesn to make ppl lazy

ankur.gattani: and well, there are options between things

9:30 PM including support prices and other things

loan waivers.. are a slap in the face of those who took loan repayment seriously

and now the whole farmer finance process.. will be screwed up

don't invest in infrastructure

9:31 PM or build processes that will get growth

me: well hey it was waived for one time and in the existing market scenario

where farmers where highly in debt

ankur.gattani: spend trillions.. on waiving off loans

and make ppl happy

so they keep coming back to you

me: nd could never repay them back

ankur.gattani: and you keep doing it again

me: atleast the party encouraged them to lead a new liufe

life

ankur.gattani: how simple. isn't it?

9:32 PM me: so u want them dead...

the per capita income declines

ankur.gattani: sorry dude. if you're only gonna talk in extremes

me: they be in further disturbance

ankur.gattani: i have no debate further.

me: well as u said difference in opinion

9:33 PM ankur.gattani: the naivete of the intelligent.. is an unfortunate thing to happen in a democracy.

they give you a story

you buy it happily

after 50 years of rule

me: i could say the same thing brother

ankur.gattani: why is farmer suicide a situation in teh first place?

me: u buyed the story of bjp workers

9:34 PM who might are using your website to promote their campaign

well u can ask your leaders

nd judge the numbers

wen bjp was in power

9:35 PM ankur.gattani: what numbers?

farmer suicides?

me: numbers of farmer suicide during bjp rule

ankur.gattani: dude 50 years of rule and 5 years of tenure

adn if you were to blame bjp for it.. then well. what do we say!

9:36 PM anyway. individual debates can go on and aon

i'm on the task to set right whatever i feel is wrong with the bjp.. and though i believe congress is a gone case.. you're most welcome to try your luck changing it for the better!

9:37 PM me: change will come

ankur.gattani: who rahul gandhi ?

me: yeah with the same party tht is congress

u can go thru cnn ibn for further details

ankur.gattani: well, my indian heart would love to believe so

me: the exit polls nd all

ankur.gattani: And I so love the media!

9:38 PM me: and you are one of them

ankur.gattani: me.. one of media eh?

that i am.

not looking at the world with colored glasses though

9:39 PM brainwashed hi sahi.. at least, am not being paid to talk what i am talking.

me: hehe

yeh right

wellme still as student i beleieve

watever i see

nd i m sad i dnt get paid

9:40 PM for volunteerin my love for my party

ankur.gattani: i like your spirit dude.

me: not all are lucky like you brother

ankur.gattani: lets not get into personal battles here

both our objectives are for the country

you choose your route

i choose mine

i have nothing against you

9:41 PM and wouldn't prefer personal attacks

me: nothing personal

its just my love for my nation

ankur.gattani: the remark previous to this, showed where you stand mate.

me: it was just an answer

ankur.gattani: you win or i do, the nation must stands to gain.

stand*

9:42 PM polarize people

me: that is the only remark of yours0 i truly believe in

ankur.gattani: so the SPs and the Lefts.. don't dictate terms to UPA.

and I'll try stopping Jaylalitas from harming the NDA

9:43 PM as for the factual comparisons

me: well i will be noble..nd truthful by sayin

i cant stop any1 from doing anything

ankur.gattani: they'll flow in..

soon.

but as i said

me: yaah wen i m old enuf...nd by luck nd hard work if i do get some power

ankur.gattani: tehre are no blacks and whites

me: would see my country shines

9:44 PM nd stays at the top of the world

ankur.gattani: get in.. and see the system the way it works

perahps, will help knowing it better

me: yaah i joined the so called student politics

nd hated it

ankur.gattani: now you can imagine what it's like outside

9:45 PM choices.. are made not on merit

but all kinds of other parameters

me: well to be truthful i joined the sfi

ankur.gattani: which is what?

9:46 PM me: were "dadas" were nothing much than

preached the "big grand old dadas"

so hated it much more

i wish i wasnt in bengal

well but i like it here

9:47 PM i just wish i can see bengal rising with my country

nd help that in doin so

ankur.gattani: well

most circumstances won't give you enough scope to play with things

and rome shall not be built in a day

me: true

9:48 PM well i hope i didnt piss u off

ankur.gattani: except one remark, you were fine.

me: well me kinda bachcha

still learning


Well this is just a zist of a long long convo, i dont know how you people will react to this,and I don't care if believe in my ideologies or of Ankur's. I would just like to ask a question," If the youth, doesn't stand and do something for this country,who will? Yeh who will..?".

P.S - If you think, you are not the one "chosen",please vote, a vote can make all the difference.

Pratik Agarwal.
Edited by dear friend Anirudh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaar pratik,Only thing I loved about the discussion was ur knowledge about it...politics e eto gyan kothai orjon korli bhai?...congress ba bjp ki ese jai?....if bjp comes into the power they will divest every psus...act got already started when likes of vsnl,cmc"s were divested....and congress theke loan waiver dicche to get all the votes..now if i become a farmer and congres is in power.. what I would do is...I would take the loan and I dont nd to pay back..they wud again waive it off....farmer der jonyo jodi kichu kortei hoi to tader soaps dewa hok but not waiver....I hate politics bigtime and would hate to mk myself post more here.....

Pratik said...

hate politics..??? thts the only difference between me nd the rest of so called youth
why hate it..? why not try and understnd it..?
first know it thn hate it...

nd rather work,improve volunteer thann express sadness for the growth of the country :)

Unknown said...

Hmm.. hey Pratik, here's my comment again..I know how you love to see my comments :D but, jokes apart, its really nice to know that fractions of the youth are interested in the country's politics...very good!!..What India needs at the moment, is unity in a massive sense, so that we can put all our personal diiferences in tha backcurner fro the time being and tighten and secure ourselves against external threats(read: terrorists!!!)By, the you dont really expect me to conclude on the note of harmony?? ;D haha..anyway, there is no such word called 'zist'..you made a typing error:- its jist..otherwise, thoughtful piece... Good luck!

Pratik said...

hey barshaali,truly i love you so so much..oops ur comments..love your comments..hehe i was just checking i have a typing speed of 43 wpm, so ik do galti banta hai re...still i will try my best to recheck nd recheck again not to repeat my mistakes. Else i can get english lessons from you right..?tht too for free right..?u love me dont you,:D


and thanks for those positive comments,you made my day.tc.

Unknown said...

g8 knowledge Dude...
what i feel is that only youth like us can make a change to our Country.
& I think we all shuld come forward & Try our level best.
Rather than regretting about what is going on

~www.kunals.co.nr

Aniruddh Haldar said...

thank you sir.....

for the acknowledgement .........

and the comments have been really positive..........

i will post my blog in a few days...

it will be of the similar genre ...

Pratik said...

u r welcome buddy